I have lectured/co-lectured the following courses:
- CS3012 - Software Engineering in the School of Computer Science and Statistics at Trinity College Dublin (Academic years: 2013 - 2015).
- COMP41190 - Natural Computing and Applications in the School of Computer Science at University College Dublin (Academic Year: 2010).
- COMP30290 - Natural Computing in the School of Computer Science at University College Dublin (Academic Year: 2009).
- CC484 - Constraint Satisfaction in the School of Computer Science and Engineering at University of Essex (Academic Year: 2006).
Supervision of PhD, MSc (Research and Taught) Students
During his research career, Dr. Galvan has co-supervised and graduated more than 4 postgraduate students. All his graduated postgraduate students published scientific papers in top-tier journals as well as in world-leading top-A-rank international conferences under his supervision.
Current PhD Supervision
2020 - 2024. Fergal Stapleton. PhD Topic "Evolutionary Multi-objective in Neuroeovolution in Deep Neural Networks"
2020 - 2024. Pramit Dutta. (Co-supervised with Prof. J. McDonald). PhD Topic "Exploring machine learning paradigms for enhanced collaborative robotics"
2010 - 2025. Harish Harish. (Co-supervised with Dr. P. Mooney). PhD Topic "Neuroevolution in Deep Learning: Selected Problems"
- 2019 - 2023. Fred Valdez Ameneyro. PhD Topic "Semantics in Multi-objective Genetic Programming"
Ongoing Taught Master Students
- Gavin Simpson. 2021 30-ECTS Dissertation "Monte Carlo Tree Search in Games and Beyond"
Graduated Research Master Students
Graduated Taught Master Students
- Fergal Stapleton. 2020 30-ECTS Dissertation. "Improving Semantic Diversity in Multi-Objective Genetic Programming"
Oxaka Gorshkova. 2020 20-ECTS Dissertation. "General Video Game Playing by means of Evolution-based Rolling Horizon Algorithm".
Tom Curran. 2014 30-ECTS Dissertation. "Optimising Charging of Electric Vehicles through the use of Genetic Algorithms"
Ruohua Li. 2013 30-ECTS Dissertation. "Upper Confidence Bounds for Trees on Demand-Side Management: Charging Electric Vehicles"
- Correspoding peer-reviewed paper: Listed in Number 2 (above)
- Corresponding peer-reviewed paper: E. Galvan-Lopez, R. Li, C. Patsakis, S. Clarke and V. Cahill. Heuristic-Based Multi-Agent Monte Carlo Tree Search. The Fifth International Conference on Information, Intelligence, Systems and Applications, Chania, Crete, Greece, July 7 - 9, 2014. IEEE Press.