CS613 Object-Oriented Programming and C++
The course, in the academic year 2002/2003, will run over a period of two weeks.
- Monday 23rd to Friday 27th September: lectures and lab.s from 9.30am to 5.00pm
- Monday 30th September to Friday 4th October: assigned practical work
Exam613-Dec00.doc (2000/2001), Exam613-May00.doc (1999/2000).
Example questions from previous years can be found here:
The module is evaluated as follows:
- Week1 practical work (15%) - each day a small assignment will be set
- Week2 practical work (25%) - a large assignment (Coding, planning and documentation)
- Exam (60%) - answer 4 questions from 6, in 3 hours.
This module is a pre-requisite for all others
- How to design an Object-Oriented program
- Object-Orientation and C++ : classes, inheritance, & data encapsulation
- Syntax and semantics of the C++ programming language
Lecture Slides (powerpoint)
The Standard Template Library
Project (worth 25%)
Practicals (lab. sessions) and Case Studies
This material will be handed out as part of lectures.
These books have been ordered and will be available in the campus bookshop at NUI Maynooth.
Some Useful Web Sites