COMPUTER SCIENCE SUMMER CAMP 2013 INFORMATION
The Department of Computer Science at NUI Maynooth is holding a Computer Summer Camp for students aged 14-18 years old for three weeks 24th June to 12th July. The aim is to give students a chance to use and learn about the technology of tomorrow and to see and take part in research projects being undertaken in Maynooth. Also, it will allow school students thinking about their choice of university course to sample at first hand the college environment and find out what it would be like to study computer science at third level.
Activities planned for the week include:
- Robotics - see demonstrations of different kinds of robots. Learn how to program simple robots.
- Multimedia - use the latest software to create animations with graphics, sound and music.
- Computer programming - get a taste of what is involved in writing your own programs from scratch.
- GPS - learn about the technology behind satellite navigation and look at some exciting new applications.
- Computer vision and sensors - How do computers see the world? How do movement sensors such as in the Wii games console work?
- Web-site design - learn how to put together exciting web pages with graphics, sounds etc.
- Computer Graphics - How do 3D graphics on games consoles like the XBox work?
- Music Technology - how is music made using synthesizer instruments and computer-based music sequencers. Students will make their own music using these tools.
The Summer Camp runs for THREE weeks 24th June to 12th July from 9.30am to 1.00pm each day and costs €75 per week Cash, Cheque or Online Credit Card. Students can come for one, two or three weeks. Closing date is 17th June - all applications and fees must be submitted on or before this date. To apply for a place candidates must complete an application form which can be downloaded from the link below or one can be posted by contacting:
Computer Summer Camp, Department of Computer Science, NUI Maynooth, Maynooth, Co Kildare.
Phone: (01) 708 3847, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(NB: you must submit an application form as well as your online payment to confirm your place on the Camp)
An Application can be downloaded by clicking this link Summer Camp Application Form 2013