- Course Content
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Teaching Scholarships
- Contact Us
- Site Map
How To Apply
Student Scholarships: extended - closing date now 31st January, 2013
Fee paying applications: June 30th 2013
Scholar Teaching Scholarships: Rolling Call 2012-2017
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR STUDENTS
HOW TO APPLY: Students should apply online via www.pac.ie/NUIM before June 30th 2013.
- Candidates apply online using the DESEM online application form (www.pac.ie/nuim) using the course code MHG60
- There is an application fee (approx €50 but subject to change) which is paid directly to PAC. Page 3 of the application form provides more details.
- Note that the application may be done in stages – the system will recall your previous data entry, and allow you to modify it.
- During the application process you will be asked for a Personal Statement, this must detail your motivation for applying for this course, and may be used in the scholarship selection process. If you do not complete the Personal Statement your application will be considered incomplete.
- You must have completed your application in full by the application deadline.
- All supporting documents MUST be either uploaded to the online applications system (PAC) or posted to the Postgraduate Applications Centre, 1 Courthouse Square, Galway, Ireland to arrive before the deadline. Required documentation can be scanned in and submitted to the PAC system (using “BROWSE” and “UPLOAD FILE”).
- You can only upload documentation after you have completed your application and paid the fee. Once you have paid the fee, you can upload your documents by going to “My Account” on the PAC site and clicking on the “Status” of your application and follow the instructions there.
HOW TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS:
Apply as above before January 31st 2013. Applicants who obtain scholarships are typically those who have 1st class degrees from a university that is listed in the top 500 of the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
Supporting documents that must be uploaded by the application deadline:
Copies of official transcripts of results for all qualifications listed in your application.
Transcripts of results in languages other than English should be accompanied by a translation into English PLUS a copy of the original certificate indicating the award.
Two letters of recommendation (at least one from the institution your have graduated/will graduate from)
Your CV (we recommend that you use the European Format: see http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ for details)
A copy of your Birth Certificate or valid Passport
A copy of your English Language Competency Certificate i.e. IELTS, TOEFL PBT, TOEFL IBT, or PTE (you must have one of these certificates if English is not your native language)
Signed copy of the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Criteria. Download the document by clicking ERASMUS_MUNUDS_SCHOLARSHIP_CRITERIA_2013.pdf
Supporting documents that may be uploaded after the application deadline:
It is expected that most students will apply before they have completed their final examinations. Such applications will be assessed on their previous results, and may be offered a conditional scholarship. Students who are offered a conditional place must provide their final results and a copy of their diploma/full certified transcript by June 30th 2013, and will be notified within 10 working days of final acceptance if they meet the conditions or rejection if they do not.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR SCHOLARS
Applicants for scholar positions should consist of a Curriculum Vitae, appropriate evidence of qualifications and scholarly activities and a statement of the potential contribution that the scholar would bring to the Erasmus Mundus MSc in Dependable Software Systems. Scholars may apply to the Masters consortium at any time. Normally one scholar position per institution will be offered in each year.
It will help us to process your application if you include details such as:
- Your ideal visit site: , or
- Your availability (dates available and ideal visit duration)
- Topics which you could teach based on your research/teaching experience
- Research topics related to the DESEM programme which you could supervise projects on
How you could see yourself contribute to the summer-school - organisation, research talks, tutorials etc related to the Programme
IMPORTANT DATES FOR STUDENT ENTRANTS:
* Acknowledgement of receipt of submission of application: 1 week (5 working days)
* Notification if application is ineligible: immediately after the eligibility check is complete
* Notification for main and reserve list students: after February
* Notification of success for main list students: late April (date to be set by the Erasmus Mundus programme administration)
* Notification of success for reserve list students: May
* Students must make a formal acceptance of their offer within 10 days of the offer being made
* Appeal deadline: 7 days after you receive the Notice of Decision
* The course starts in mid September
OTHER INFORMATION THAT I SHOULD BE AWARE OF REGARDING MY APPLICATION
- Information relating to individuals (personal data) is collected and used in accordance with Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on "the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data"
- The names of all successful candidates will be published on the course website
- If you are selected (proposed for a scholarship, put on the reserve list, or enrolled on a self paying basis) your data may be used for the purposes of evaluating the Erasmus Mundus Programme and will be made available to the Agency, the EM National Structures, the EU Delegations and the Erasmus Mundus Student and Alumni Association, acting as stakeholders of the programme
If you have enquiries on the application procedure, or on filling in the form, please email email@example.com or phone +353-1-7083847